A $40 fee will be added to every order. This covers the time and cost of mastering your music for vinyl. Even if your music is professionally mixed and mastered, we will still have to make adjustments. Our mastering process will prevent the needle from jumping out of the grooves, skipping, or distortion from too much low end or high trebles. This fee also covers any test cuts to vinyl that we may need to do. Often times, after adjusting EQ and cutting the vinyl, we will have to re-adjust EQ and re-cut the vinyl. We want to ensure that you receive the best fidelity possible.
We can cut your vinyl in either 33 1/3 rpm or 45 rpm.
• 45 rpm - This is the standard speed. Up to 4 minutes per side.
• 33 1/3 rpm - We will not cut at this speed. Playback quality can be compromised due to the physical restrains of vinyl.
• 33 1/3 rpm - This is the standard speed. Up to 20 minutes per side. Limit 1-5 vinyls maximum per order.
• 45 rpm - Up to 11 minutes per side. A 12" vinyl cut at this speed produces a higher fidelity.
*These times limits ensure the best quality. Please do not exceed the maximum time limits per side. Thank You.
Our typical batches range from 1-10 vinyl records. Full length 12" vinyl cut at 33 1/3 rpm are limited to 1-5 vinyl records maximum per order. We want to keep our turn-around times as fast as possible, We cut our vinyl in real time. Your 40 minute record will take us 40 minutes to cut 1 vinyl. That means that each of our records are high-quality originals. You can always reorder!
Preparing Your Music
When submitting your master files we ask that you...
- Ensure the source material is as good a quality as possible. We prefer WAV/AIFF 24 bit 96 kHz, or a minimum of WAV/AIFF 16 bit 44.1 kHz.
- Bass frequencies (like kick drums) are placed centrally in the stereo field. Stereo effects in this frequency range can easily corrupt a record’s playback.
- Bass frequencies below 20 Hz provide playback issues and should be avoided.
- It's best to avoid very high frequencies as these tend to have a harsh, distorting effect on the overall playback.
- Please send all files bundled into a compressed Zip folder.
Preparing Your Artwork
- All non-vector artwork should be at least 300 dpi.
- All color printing should be saved in CMYK.
- The maximum ink coverage should be no more than 320%.
- Embed all fonts or convert to outlines.
- Please send art files bundled with your music files in a compressed Zip folder.
If you have no idea what any of this means, don't worry, we'll help you out! We'll send you a link to upload your music via email after you've accepted our quote :)